Red fruit, lemon balm and basil pudding 🫐
To prepare this recipe you will need:
- 400 ml almond or oat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon agar-agar
- 2 tablespoons elderberry or maple syrup
- 100 g red fruit
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of lemon balm leaves
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 vanilla pod: remove the seeds and use the pod
- A small glass of red fruit liqueur (optional)
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Zest of half a lemon and half an orange, untreated
- Wash and dry the leaves of the herbs (lemon balm and basil).
- Heat a saucepan and add the plant milk, vanilla (seeds and pods), pepper and agar-agar.
- Mix well and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a metal or glass container.
- Add the lemon zest, liqueur and orange zest, stirring constantly.
- Add the syrup and stir before adding the lemon balm leaves and basil.
- Remove the vanilla pod.
- Add the red fruit and banana pieces.
- Blend with a giraffe and pour into verrines or pretty glasses (you might want to tip the pudding over later, once it has cooled).
- Leave to stand.
- For the very greedy, you can top the verrine with an avocado cream (1 avocado mashed with the juice of 1⁄2 lemon and a few basil leaves). Or with a crunchy note: crush a 1⁄2 cup of banana chips with 1⁄2 cup of sunflower seeds and 2 tablespoons of almond puree, and sprinkle.