An original beetroot salad
Warm cooked beetroot salad with salt crust
For 4 servings:
- 4 raw beeroot
- 100 g beluga lentils with
- 2 bay leaves and a pinch of seaweed
- 1 kg coarse salt
- 4 leeks, washed and cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 50 g rocket
- 100 g walnut kernels
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 pinch of coarse salt
- 1 pinch of chilli or
- Espelette pepper
- 50 ml apple or rice
- 2 teaspoons tamarind
- water (homemade from tamarind paste) – you can replace it with a mild soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking the leeks
- 2 tablespoons of walnut or olive oil for the marinade
Brush the beets to remove the soil without peeling them.
Place them in a bowl and cover with coarse salt.
Bake at 200°C for about an hour (depending on the size of the beets).
Cook the lentils in 200 ml of water (start cold), 2 bay leaves and a pinch of seaweed.
Cook the leeks in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
Preparation for the marinade:
Heat the walnuts for a few moments to release the aroma of their oil
Mix the oil, nuts, garlic, chilli or Espelette pepper, salt, vinegar and tamarind water or soy sauce.
Let the flavors infuse.
Once the beetroot are cooked, remove the salt and allow to cool so that the skin can be removed.
Cut them into 1 cm thick wedges (like an orange).
Arrange them in a pretty bowl.
Add the leeks, warm lentils, rocket and marinade.
If you like coriander, this salad loves it.
Enjoy your meal!