Sweet and sour Aubergines
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tomatoes or 200 g canned peeled tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 40 g capers
- 40 ml elderberry vinegar
- ½ bunch of aromatic herbs (parsley/chervil/coriander)
- Cut the eggplants into pieces
- Cut the onion into large cubes and finely chop the garlic
- Cut the pepper into thin slices
- Stone the olives and cut into pieces
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces
- Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pan.
- Sauté the onions over medium heat, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook for a few more minutes and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the pot and sauté the eggplants cubes over medium heat, stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add the pepper, olives, and tomatoes.
- Add the onion/garlic mixture and deglaze with the elderberry vinegar.
- Cook for about 10 minutes more.
You can eat it hot, warm, or fresh on your chickpea cake.
Serve with the herbs and enjoy with love!
Enjoy your meal !